General Photo Questions
1) I didn't wear my headband because I thought my timing chip would keep track of my splits and photos.
- Your timing chip will record your time when you step over a timing mat but wearing your headband is highly recommended while participating.
2) I don't want photos of me posted online. How can I have them removed?
- Before you participated in a Spartan event, you signed a waiver saying we can photograph you. However if you request to have your photos removed, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Customer Service team will work to remove the images. Please, remember, if there's someone else besides you on the photo your request will be probably not successful.
3) Can I remove the logo from my photo?
- No. We own the rights to the photos we take and we brand them with our logo. Aren’t you proud to be a Spartan? With so many other OCR events out there, we brand all of our images so everyone knows you were at a Spartan Race.
4) For the kids race: Why can't I find my child's photo? There were photographers everywhere.
- Always make sure the photographer is wearing either a staff shirt, volunteer shirt or is wearing a media pass. If they were actually a staff photographer, their photos will be on our web page or FB pages.
5) How can I get high resolution copies of my photos to print?
- The photos you download directly from spartan.com are, in fact, high-res. Most downloaded images are about 19in x 13in, meaning you can blow it up to fit in an 8x10 photo frame with ease. If you are downloading images from Facebook, they will not be large enough to print, as Facebook compresses the image size.
6) My timing chip fell off on course and I can't find any of my photos.
- If your timing chip did fall off, you will need to manually search for your photos by time of day. Your timing chip is synced to the bib # you ran with, which ultimately syncs up to the photos uploaded to our database. This process enables you to search your photos using your bib #.
7) I saw a photographer at an obstacle I crossed. Why aren't my photos from that obstacle showing?
- If that photographer was in fact a staff photographer, you should be able to find your photos. If they don’t show up by searching via your bib number, try searching manually for that obstacle based on your split time. Keep in mind a staff photographer will be wearing a blue Spartan staff shirt, a staff media badge, red Volunteer shirt, and/or a vest which says “PHOTO” or "MEDIA".
8) I had my photo taken in the festival area, but I can't find it.
- If the photographer who took your photo was a STAFF photographer, those images will be uploaded to the Spartan Facebook page, as well as our official web page in the Gallery #2 at even page. Keep in mind a staff photographer will not always post every image he takes. If you think your photo was taken by a Staff photographer and can’t find your photo on the Facebook page or under the Promo tab, chances are he did not upload that picture.